How to Play With Your LeapPad Learning System appears in A Collection from the LeapPad Library. It teaches kids about usage of the LeapPad.
- Place the book in the player as shown (and insert the cartridge on the right handed side of the player).
- Push the POWER button to begin play.
- Now, have some fun!
Signs and Book PromptsEdit
- Touch the green GO circle to start the fun (always on the side of the page)
- Touch the stop sign to stop the play
- Touch the ear/speech bubble to hear words read aloud
- To play a game, touch the game icon at the bottom of the page (icons may vary)
- Say it/Sound it/Spell it: Hear, sound out or spell the word (nickname: The 3 S’s)
- Touch the up and down triangles to change the volume at the bottom of the page (always on the bottom right)
- Touch the repeat sign to repeat the question heard
- Touch the comprehension lightbulb to answer questions about the story (Phonics Program books only)
- Touch the music note icon to sing a song
- Touch the illustrations to hear brief dialog from the characters, fun surprises from the pictures or a brief musical sound
- Background music accompanies most of the book’s pages. If desired, you can turn it on or off by touching the sign “MUSIC ON/OFF”.