Tad Goes Shopping is a LeapPad game available in Leap Start including the interactive book and cartridge. It is also in A Collection from the LeapPad Library. It is also available in the Plus Writing and Microphone. It teaches early math (pre-math) with numbers, colors, shapes, and sorting, and tells the tale about the frogs going shopping at the store Hop and Shop.
The mice sing each page of the tune called "This Old Man."
Frogs at Hop and ShopEdit
The name of the store is Hop and Shop. The frogs go shopping here.
- Shopping Carts
- Balloons with Colors and Numbers (numbered 5)
- 1 red
- 2 blue
- 3 orange
- 4 green
- 5 purple
- Animals in the Shapes
- snake in the triangle
- duck in the circle
- cow in the square
- monkey in the rectangle
- Arts and Crafts
- pencils (two have frog erasers; one has a plain eraser)
- pink paper (one is big; two are small)
- scissors (one is big; two are small)
- paint brushes (one is big; two are small)
- crayons (one box has many colors; two boxes has just one color)
- glue bottles (numbered 6)
- 1 red
- 2 orange
- 3 yellow
- 4 green
- 5 blue
- 6 purple
- staples (two bags)
- Safety First
- rubber rings (one is red; two are blue)
- vests (one is big; two are small)
- Fishing Gear
- fishing poles [in UK, fishing rods] (one is big; two are small)
- fish baits (one is small; two are big)
- loaves of bread (three are big; three more are small)
- cheese shapes (circle, square, triangle)
- pickle jars (numbered 3)
- Candy Machines
- Candy Hearts
- Red Hots
- Gingerbread Men
- Candy Necklaces
- Candy Canes
- Teddy Bears (numbered 14; 7 are brown, 7 more have spots)
Leaving Hop and ShopEdit
The frogs are done shopping at Hop and Shop. They go home in the car with their items. Dad is the driver.
Aisles in Hop and ShopEdit
There are seven aisles in the store Hop and Shop.
- Pens, Pink Paper, and White Glue
- Fishing Poles [in UK, Fishing Rods]
- Sandwiches with Cheese
- Shoes and Socks
- Lollipops, Chewing Gum, and Candy Pieces
- Teddy Bears
What Do the Frogs Desire to Have?Edit
- Leap wanted different sandwiches
- Lily wanted pink paper to make a sign for her room
- Tad wanted a teddy bear (well, hopefully that’s what he wanted excitedly - AND badly at first)
- Dad wanted a fishing pole [in UK, fishing rod]
- Mom wanted flowers
- Grandpa wanted various candy
The Complete SongEdit
SONG: “The Hop And Shop Song”
The mice are singing this tune set to the melody of “This Old Man” on all the pages throughout the book.
Hop and ShopEdit
Hop and Shop is the name of the store where the frogs go shopping with other various animals.
Items and FoodEdit
The frogs are going shopping to what they want with items and food. They go home when they're done shopping.
The frogs go shopping and buy everything in the store called "Hop and Shop."
A shopping cart icon is at the bottom of the page to play a game. There are also characters to find something in the store.
- In the UK version, the word “fishing pole” was changed to “fishing rod,” as Dad said.
- Like The Birthday Hunt, this book contains verses.